Monday, December 15, 2014

Kayla: K is for "K"harismatic

When you first meets Kayla, she may come across as a bit shy or reserved.  I usually chuckle to myself because I know that within five minutes, she will either be hugging you or arguing with you.  This child is so unbelievably funny, well beyond her years of a three and a half year old (she definitely gets her sense of humor from her silly daddy).  And she is very dramatic, but not just in an "I'm a three year old girl" kind of way; this is true talent, baby.  Remember this child; she may be the next Idina Menzel.

Kayla is sharing her "Hugga Mugga"s with Ninny one morning at breakfast.  A Hugga Mugga is a nose rub (or eskimo kiss) while she gazes longingly into your eyes.  It is absolutely hysterical.
 I was buckling her into her carseat one day (sidenote: she insists that she can't buckle the bottom by herself, but I think she just enjoys being catered to), and she was repetitively singing this refrain from a popular pop song (Charli XCX's Break the Rules: "I don't wanna go to school; I just wanna break the rules").  This is what happens when your XM subscription runs out and you no longer have age-appropriate music in the car.
Phil was on a business trip one day and texted us a picture of his descent into New York City, with an amazing view of Manhattan out of his airplane window.  So I started telling the kids about the Big Apple and Broadway.  This is how the rest of our conversation went: 

No comments:

Post a Comment