Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Visit From Uncle David

Uncle David, his friend David, and Athena came down to visit us one night in October.  The boys got to go out and play all around Charleston, and I got to stay at home and entertain three children by myself.  Just kidding, we had a great time.  Avery and Kayla love spending time with their cousins!
 
Tickles from Uncle David.  Kayla has him whipped.
The kids playing ghost-pirates-attacking-superheroes in the backyard.  Very creative.
 
Two amazing superheroes.  Kayla has the art of posing down pat.
 
Our SuperNiece, Athena!!
Making pirate cupcakes.

Decorating and eating pirate cupcakes.
Athena and her future Christmas present, Haley.
Kayla and Athena were playing "picnic" for a solid half-hour.  While Avery got to experience what it felt like to be excluded because he is not a girl. 
Athena read a bedtime story to Kayla.  While I was taking pictures, Athena gave Kayla an impromptu hug.  I was almost moved to tears by that heartfelt gesture until I heard Kayla growl, "Get OFF. My. Neck.". 
The kids enjoying some quiet reading time before it was Aunt Emily's turn.
Uncle David reading stories to the kids in the morning.  I think this is the earliest I have ever seen him awake at my house.  The kids know where he sleeps now.
Cuddles with Uncle David and TV time.  This is the life!!
Kayla made Uncle David put a puzzle together with her.  Sucka.
Athena reading to Aunt Emily.  I can't wait until it is my kids' turns to read to ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment