Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Month-Long Preparation for Halloween

I have never been a huge fan of Halloween (I HATE to dress up!!) but when you have school-aged kid(s), you don't really have a choice.  The Jean Team spent all of October anxiously anticipating this haunted holiday.
 
A quick trip to one of those temporary Halloween stores.  This one was in an orange tent; hence, the nice glow.  It took Avery a while to work up courage to come in; Kayla was not phased one bit.
Witchin' it out at the grocery store.
As a mom AND a physical therapist, I am proud to say that my kids completed this skeleton puzzle with minimal cueing.

At some point, my kids will learn that pumpkins are for eating, not for using as chairs.
One of our nightly walks around the neighborhood at dusk.  We used the flashlights to check out everyone's Halloween decorations (note to self: step it next year, Mom).
Daddy was the only one brave enough to scoop out the pumpkin seeds.
Avery wanted a "mean" looking skeleton.  I think Daddy delivered pretty well.


No comments:

Post a Comment