Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Water Boy

Our trip to Puerto Rico marked the the first of many different things for Mr. Avery. He had his first airplane ride, first trip off of the continental US, first introduction to the Spanish language, first taste-test of paella, etc. Another exciting "first" was Avery's first visit to a pool. While we have dipped Avery's feet in the ocean in SC many times, he has never had the opportunity to go swimming yet. Let me tell you...he frickin' LOVED it!!! He loved walking in the water, playing in the fountains, SPLASHING everybody, simulating "swimming" with support from mommy or daddy, and of course, diving under the water! There were a couple of times where he lost his footing and went under water for a second, but everytime we pulled him out, he just blinked the water out of his eyes and kept on walking. There were also a few occasions where he "dove" under the water...he would be standing there and then just shove his head under water. Talk about giving mommy a heart attack! I guess this means that I better learn how to swim pretty soon to keep up with him!!


Pool ready!

Let me go, Mommy...I promise I will be okay!

Taking swim lessons from an Army Ranger.
Swimming to my cousin, Jon.
Older chicks dig me.
My first water slide!! Uncle David was the only one brave enough to take me (Daddy didn't want to get wet before lunch and Mommy had one too many trips to the pool bar already).
Watch how I take on the water slide like a Man!!
Does this mean I have to wait 30 minutes before getting in the pool again??

My cousin, Little Dave, who is also zonked out from the water.

More, please!

I am SO ready for my nap now.

No comments:

Post a Comment