Friday, January 3, 2014

"A Christmas Story" House

A couple of years ago, a guy bought the house that was featured in the infamous movie, "A Christmas Story".  While the movie was not actually filmed in Cleveland, the directors were in town and used the sidewalk window display of the Higbee's department store downtown, as well as the outside of this house, located in the Tremont area of Cleveland, in their movie.  The gentleman who purchased this house has restored it and turned it into a hands-on replica of the house seen in the movie.  Across the street from the house is a museum that has items from the actual set of the movie, along with a gift shop where you can buy all of the leg lamp souveniers you want.  I thought that the tour of this house was pretty awesome (I wish there were fewer people so I could have enjoyed it longer) and I can't wait to take my kids back after they have actually seen the movie.
 
 
 



 




























 

No comments:

Post a Comment