Friday, March 25, 2011

A Choo Choo Birthday

A while back, my friend Rebecca suggested that we combine Avery and Luke's birthday parties this year, as they are only three weeks apart. We hurried up and went shopping for birthday decorations in early February, "before the baby was born" (haha, what a joke). We chose Thomas the Tank for the theme, as both boys love Thomas. Apparently, the boys had another idea in mind, but like most good parents, we ignored them.
I feel bad, because Rebecca put way more time and effort into this birthday party than I did. Worst mother ever. I will make it up the the boys next year, I swear!!
Choo choo balloons.
Every kids' party I have been to always seems to have the obligatory baby sleeping in the corner. Here is mine.
I am not sure whether Phil and Avery collaborated on their matching outfits for the party or not. Either way, neither would go change. Twinsies!
A backyard full of boys.
"Whee!!!!" Daddy is working off that beverage he is holding in his hand.
Kayla getting a "teet teet" from her older brother (teet teet is a kiss-kiss and usually involves Avery touching his forehead to someone).
The birthday boys chowing down on some yummy cupcakes.
I don't think Avery's eating skills have evolved very much since his first birthday.
Kayla makes a new friend.
The boys were having more fun playing in Levi's bedroom and didn't want to come open up their presents.
Kayla's first party favor!! How sweet!!!
A special thanks to Rebecca for stepping up to the plate and making my child's second birthday memorable and fun, when his mommy couldn't. You rock!!

No comments:

Post a Comment