Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Happy 18 Months, Kayla!

Kayla Bean, I can not believe you are a year and a half old today.  I was shocked and tearfully elated upon hearing the words, "It's a girl!",  in the delivery room 18 months ago.  I have enjoyed cuddling and snuggling with you as a little itty bitty baby; watching you determinedly figuring out how to move your body in order to keep up with your big brother throughout your babyhood; admiring how you can switch in a blink of an eye from the sweetest, most loveable little sister and daughter to the strict and stubborn headmaster who is running the chaotic show known as the Jean Household; keeping up with you keeping up with Avery; teaching you new songs and watching you watch my mouth so you can sing along with me; trying to quell your competitive nature during games/meals/playtime/using the bathroom so you don't upset your brother too much; making you dance just by absent-mindedly humming or whistling a tune; getting hypnotized by your big, bright, Cindy Lou Who eyes only to get smacked out of my trance by your open palm and an impish giggle; and all of the thousands of little things in between that make up 24 hours a day of Kayla World.  You rock, girl.  I am so proud of you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment