Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Morning, Part I

This past weekend, we celebrated "Christmas morning" in our own house, one of Santa's many stops for the Jean family in the next couple of weeks.  Santa brought Avery a couple of puzzles, books, and most importantly, the Thomas trains that Avery asked TWO different Santa Claus's for ("Dash, Bash, and Ferdinand...they're the logging locos!").  I love that Avery's most cherished gifts were three small toys (read: cheap) and I dread the day when my future six year old asks for a smart phone or another trendy piece of technology that I am neither cool nor rich enough to afford for myself.  Kayla celebrated her first "First Christmas" of the season by getting a few books, a toy, and some clothes that I had bought for the next winter season a while back but decided to wrap anyways to make it look like Santa brought her more stuff than he actually did.  Dirtbag move, I know, but I am taking advantage of the one Christmas where she can entertain herself with leftover wrapping paper and bows.  Haley got one toy and only because Avery picked it out for her when we were in the petstore the day prior.  There was a time when Haley and Willie got more gifts under the tree than we did.  Life sure has changed.  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment