Sunday, August 1, 2010

Getting into Everything

This is my child. He gets into everything. He does not stop moving. He keeps Mommy on her toes. I can't take my eyes off of him for a second. Does it make me a bad mother to say that sometimes I miss the phase when Avery was a little bit more stationary? When he could easily be placed down on a blanket and be expected to stay there until I moved him? A time when I could run to the bathroom for 2 minutes and come back and find him chillin' in his swing right where I left him? A time when he didn't twist and roll around everywhere during poopy diaper changes? While I do occasionally pine for those "simpler times" (and I thought life was so hard back then....HA! I didn't know a thing!!), these thoughts are usually brief because I wouldn't trade this phase (I call it the "Getting into Everything and Then Some" phase) for the world.


Okay, who is the genius who left the stool sitting out right next to items that belong to Avery???

Avery, did you forget that there is a fully functioning door on the other side??

Oh lord.


Umm, Avery...those aren't toys.

Guess I'm going to have to find a new hiding spot for these. Although, I must say, Avery is pretty good about picking up his messes.

I have to keep my eye constantly on this booger too. He is in the same phase as Avery...and has been since we brought home. I swear, I feel like I have more than 1 child at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment