Thursday, January 7, 2010

World's Worst Mother

How horrible am I?? Almost an entire week has gone by and I think I have taken about 3 pictures of the apple of my eye, the love of my life, my one and only child, Avery. I think this is the least amount of activity my cameras have seen since February of '09, haha. Of course, Avery's horrible cold isn't helping matters...I am sure that when he is 16, he won't want me to show his first girlfriend - no make that at the age of 25 - pictures of him with puffy eyes, a chapped upper lip and the front of his shirt SOAKED with snot, haha. I'll save the naked bathtime pictures for that special occasion...

We're still trying to get video of Avery's steps. He is pretty consistent at taking 1-2 steps with the occasional 3-stepper thrown in there if he knows that I am close by. Every time we have the video going, though, he either just takes the 1 step and then pitches himself forward to make it the rest of the way (I just can't keep myself from catching him and he knows it...he is a very trusting little guy) OR he just lowers himself to the ground and transports himself in the safest and most efficient way possible: by crawling. It's pretty cool, though, to watch him become more confident every day and let go of the furniture or Mommy's finger (or the dog's ears) and stand without any help for longer periods of time. He is so proud of himself. And I am proud of him too. Now I know what they mean when they say your heart swells with pride (I am not sure who "they" are and why I am bothering to quote "them"). Damn, I am going to be a bawling mess at his soccer games...

No comments:

Post a Comment