Monday, January 25, 2010

I Walk the Line

Today, Avery randomly decided that he could walk while our babysitter was watching him. He just nonchalantly took 6 steps until he reached his destination of choice. By the end of the day, he was up to about 10-12 feet consistently, and that included holding onto an Easter basket (don't ask) and dodging 2 dogs who have no clue about personal space. He was taking up to 3 steps at a time about a month ago and then suddenly stopped "walking". I thought maybe he had fallen down one too many times ("bonk!!") and was too scared to keep trying. However, I think he was just working on improving his unsupported static balance first and then gradually adding weight shifts and other dynamic components into his standing before really busting out with all of the steps. Me, I had to pay lots of money in school to figure this out. But apparently, this is common sense to an almost-10-month-old. Now if only he can figure out how to pay off my student loans... :)

Sidenote #1: Sorry for the poor quality of video and crazy sideways view...I miss my camera that is in the shop and apparently my cell phone is not meant for creating quality, heart-warming home movies.

Sidenote #2: You may want to watch these videos on mute...my voice is extra annoying today for some reason. Must be what Motherly Pride sounds like. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment