Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's Been a Long Week

Where to start...this week has been a turning point in the life of the Jean family. I have returned to work at a rehab hospital that I worked at PRN in January and February (7 & 8 months pregnant, mind you...not the most ideal time to start a new job). I will work there 3 days a week for the next two months to cover a full-time employee's maternity leave. Which means....AVERY GOES TO DAYCARE!! This past week was Avery's first week of full-time daycare. He attended Monday through Friday 7am to 5:30pm (I ended up having to work T-F this week). And let me tell you...he was a trooper!! When I dropped him off on Monday morning, he was all smiles and giggles and was busy flirting with the daycare ladies. Each day, it became easier to drop Avery off and it really helped that he didn't even seem to notice that I was leaving him (ouch!). The ladies say he is doing really well and they all love and dote on him (I guess they get paid to). I guess it's kind of good that work is so crazy-busy that I don't have time to pee or eat my lunch most of the time (time to find a new job!); therefore, I can't sit around and worry about Avery all day. The hard part about returning to work will be re-establishing a schedule for Avery that is conducive with my days off as well as the days Avery is at daycare. It may take a couple of weeks for that, but I think we can make this work. And as hard as it was to leave Avery and as much as I do not care for my job (hello, CareerBuilders.com!!), it was still refreshing to be back at work. Now, if only I had some scheduled bathroom breaks...



No comments:

Post a Comment