Friday, July 17, 2009

My Little Pony

When we stayed in Lexington for 2 days, Phil's former boss and his wife invited us over for a scrumptious, home-cooked dinner. They live in a gorgeous log house on the most beautiful 17 acres you ever saw, complete with a 360 degree view of Kentucky mountains. They also have several animals, including 4 horses, a minature horse, a donkey, chickens and roosters, 4 dogs and numerous cats. Avery had his first "pony" ride (it was actually the miniature horse and luckily he didn't move) and I even got to pet one of the horses, in spite of my equestrian fear that made me change my major from pre-vet to PT my freshman year of college (had I known at the time that people with brain injuries can kick and bite too, I might have ended up as an accountant or something). We had such a great time and the beauty of the land made me want to move back immediately. Now, if only Kentucky had a beach...






1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures! I always wanted to move back to KY, but we're seriously considering setting up camp here in the Miami Valley. However, like you say, Kentucky still has a particular draw...

    ReplyDelete