Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Greetings from a South Carolina Resident!

I guess I live in South Carolina now. My car is registered in the Palmetto state; I have a South Carolina license with a pretty unattractive picture on it (the bad picture makes the license official...and what's up with having to record your weight on your license?? That alone makes me want to be a Kentucky resident again!); I am now a homeowner here; and hell, I even had a kid here. I guess that makes me an official resident of this lovely state. It is very pretty here but pales in comparison to the natural beauty of Kentucky (although, I do enjoy the beaches!). It was very difficult to leave the first city that I chose to live in independently, along with our first home, and all of our wonderful friends. However, I look forward to exploring our new area and building new friendships while watching Avery grow up in his "birth state".

The month of May has been hectic yet exciting, what with the selling of our Louisville home and purchase of a house in Moncks Corner, SC. Moncks Corner is a town north of Charleston and is a little bit closer to Phil's job than Goose Creek, where we rented a "lovely" townhouse. We like it so far, as our subdivision is a little secluded and our backyard faces protected wetlands. Stay tuned for pictures of all of our new "neighbors".

Avery is now 9 weeks old. Where does the time go??? As he gets older, I swear he gets cuter and starts to look like the Becka side of my family. Man, we must have some dominant genes! He has been laughing and "talking" for weeks now and for the most part is a real joy to be around. Reflux has left him a little cranky at times (that is an understatement) but his 2 medications seem to help. He is also now on an antibiotic to prevent a urinary tract infection due to fluid buildup around one of his kidneys. All of these conditions are minor, though, and we are very blessed to have a beautiful and healthy little boy.

I can't post all of our pictures from the last month (there were almost a thousand when I got around to downloading them onto my computer!!). I will post a few highlights and try to title them as best as I can. Thanks to everyone who kept calling and e-mailing me to make sure we were still alive!

Love to all,
Emily, Phil, & Avery
Haley & Willie

No comments:

Post a Comment