Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Snow Days

Ahhh...the snow.  I can't say I miss it too much, as my childhood seemed to be full of it.  Snow reminds me of having to shovel the driveway as a kid, like ALL the time (and my entire family making up stories about how I would just lie on my back in the snow, pouting, while my brothers did all the work...LIES, I tell you!), being stuck inside the house all day because it was too cold to venture outdoors, AND having to wear about three times too many layers of clothing just to run out to the car.  But as much as I would prefer to be on a tropical beach, it still was pretty fun to introduce the kids to snow.  Avery has seen the white fluffy stuff a couple of times before, during other winter vacations in up north, and also the couple of times Charleston got random "snow"; however, this was Kayla's first introduction to it.  I'm not sure she enjoyed it too much....she went through three pairs of mittens before finally calling it quits and taking herself inside.  Let's just say that this girl might be lying on a beach next to me some day soon, soaking up those rays.

Apparently, I did not come to Cleveland prepared for the amount of snow and cold weather.  We had to go shopping for snow boots and extra hats prior to one of the snow storms.  I bought everything plenty large for the kids to grow into, as they probably will not see their snow gear again until next winter.
Luckily, a friend had passed down this cute "ski" jacket to Kayla.  With all of her snow gear on, she reminded me of the little boy in "A Christmas Story".
The kids are ready to go outside and play!
 We took the kids out as soon as it started snowing.  Trust me....by that night, there was a LOT more snow on the ground!
 Avery's snowball.
 Kayla trying to catch snowflakes on her tongue.
 Avery and Daddy's snowman (Kayla and I were long-gone by this point!).
 
Here is a video of the kids checking out the first snowfall of the season in Cleveland.
 
This video shows how much Phil loves me.

And THIS video is when Kayla basically says "see ya" and abandons all of us to enjoy some hot chocolate and heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment