Sunday, January 15, 2012

Longest. Trip. Ever.

I know I have said it before, but I really mean it this time: this is the last big road trip we are making for a LONG time.  We made the world's longest trip for Christmas over a 9 day span, starting with the 12 hour drive from Charleston to Bowling Green, KY for a Christmas celebration with Ninny & Grandaddy Jean.  From there, we drove two hours to Louisville, KY to visit with Baby Annie.  We then drove three hours to Columbus, OH to see Baby Vinnie and then drove another hour north to Mount Gilead, OH to meet Baby Ricky.  Sheesh...that's a lot of babies!  Apparently, my friends were very busy in 2011.  We then made the last two hour drive to Cleveland, OH, where we stayed for  6 days for Christmas to visit with Maw Maw & Paw Paw Sattelmeyer, Uncle David & fam, and Uncle Jon-Jon & Auntie Luz.  Needless to say, when we came home after making the 14 hour drive back to Charleston, we were exhausted, cranky, and ravaged with illnesses (Avery and Kayla had a stomach bug in Cleveland; once we were at home, there was a cold for Avery, double ear infection for Kayla, and...OH YEAH....a sinus infection, flu, and pneumonia for Mommy.  This was the first time I have been sick since Kayla was born and I guess I was saving it all up). We are all finally healthy, weeks later after our trip.  Last.Big.Trip.Ever.


1778 miles in total. Our poor car.
Avery is ready for takeoff, with his blankie, his bear "Roar", and his Thomas pillow.  Ironically, there was very little sleeping going on in the car. 
 Kayla is also ready for takeoff.  She did a good job napping after each stop.  But she wasn't too happy during the hour or two of awake time in between stops.  This child hates to be tied down.
 Avery's DVD player...
 ...and Kayla's DVD player.  Only Elmo could keep this child quiet for short periods of time.  Before you judge, make the road trip we did.  Then come talk to me.
 Mommy, please unstrap me!!
 Burning some energy at Chick-fil-A.
 I don't know what's cuter...the baby "uggs" or the bear on the butt.
 Avery is practicing his fireman skills.
 More driving???  What are you trying to do to me??

No comments:

Post a Comment