Thursday, September 22, 2011

Avery's Bedtime Story

I have been telling Avery stories before his bedtime, instead of reading his books. I can only take so much Thomas the Tank Engine in one day, ya know? My favorite stories to tell Avery involve a giant named "Mighty Man", who is as tall as Avery's daddy and helps out the very short subjects in the Kingdom of Kites. Don't ask. I'm usually mentally exhausted by the kids' bedtime.

Last night, I asked Avery if he wanted to tell me a story. "Yeeesssss" was his very emphatic answer. Here is Phil's summary of Avery's first story. I may be a bit biased, but I thought it was pretty darn good for a two and a half year old.

"McQueen and Woody were at the house. Meow, the cat, was at the door. The dog was at the door. Woof woof. The cat was in the car. They went to the store. They got cottage cheese. They got a banana. There was a bunny rabbit at the store. He got a birthday cake. Avery and Taco rode in the car. It was Mommy and Daddy's car. Avery ate the cake. Mommy ate the cake. Daddy ate the cake. Maw Maw ate the cake. Pop pop ate the cake. Haley ate the cake. The End."



No comments:

Post a Comment