Saturday, January 29, 2011

Potty Training

Okay, first of all, apparently you can't take your eyes off of my child for 20 seconds because that is literally how long it took him to run into the bathroom and climb up onto the toilet with TWO supervising adults around.

Second, we are no where near ready to use the potty. Avery uses his training potty as a functional step stool, a lounge chair to stop and rest on when he is tired playing, or as a giant puzzle (he likes to take the pieces apart and fit them back together). And when you ask him if he needs his diaper changed (when it is VERY obvious that he does), he just shakes his head, says no, and runs away as fast as he can. As eager as I am to get this boy out of diapers soon, if there is one thing I have learned with Avery, it is that he will do things when he is good and ready to do them. And I totally respect that. :)

1 comment:

  1. I like how you are making the toilet double as a horsey:)

    ReplyDelete