Thursday, March 26, 2009

Killing Time...


I know I have not been very good at posting things on a regular basis...life is temporarily boring and uneventful around here and there is not too much to talk about. But imagine my shock this morning when I log on to this blog and see our huge countdown banner on the front page...five days left?? FIVE DAYS LEFT??? How is that even possible?? I have had such a strong feeling since Christmas that this booger was coming early, so I am really surprised that I have made it this far sans baby. I am also disappointed that my very first "motherly instinct" was totally wrong. But in the words of my dear friend, Karola, being a mom isn't about playing guessing games. Karola, you always know the right thing to say to make me feel better. :)

I have not worked since March 3rd, and I think that is the main reason why I have no baby to show for. I guarantee you that if I had made it one more week at Healthsouth, that baby would have fallen out in the middle of a treatment session!! Maybe he DID peak his head out a little bit and, after not seeing his shadow, decided to head back in for another 6 weeks of winter...

I have a few postulations as to why L.B. (Little Baby) Jean is waiting to make an appearance. First of all, I think that he or she knows that Phil is getting a cortisone shot tomorrow for his herniated disc. Maybe L.B. is just a considerate baby and wants to make sure that Daddy feels as well as he can so he can help Mommy out. Another possible reason for L.B.'s "delayed" appearance is that he is afraid of our dogs. After all, most of what he/she hears during the day is loud barking and me yelling at the dogs: "Haley, get down!! Willie, drop that shoe!! Willie Jean, quit humping your sister!!" I swear, this kid's first word is going to be "NO". Quite possibly, L.B. may be awaiting Grandma and Grandpa Sattelmeyer's visit to the Carolinas next week before he/she makes a grand entrance (wow, those titles make my parents sound so old!!). In the end, though, he or she is probably going to be a timely child. He DOES have until the first to come out, after all. And wouldn't that show me if he comes a week or two late...so much for instincts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment